Comment on page
What Is LucKey?
Our first DApp and flagship game is LucKey, a simple game with game theory underpinning its design ensuring it's a viral sensation. One lucky winner will receive a massive windfall, and others the chance make a tidy profit or recoup their losses!
The game starts with a timer counting down from 4 hours, while users are prompted to buy keys to extend the time and also to get a stake in the pot.
Note: For the first hour of any round, only $LUCKY token holders with at least 300 tokens can acquire keys.
Every time a key is bought, the price of the next key goes up slightly for the next user but users are incentivised to keep on buying, as the BNB used to acquire keys gets distributed across players and via a jackpot.
If the timer ever hits zero, the last person to buy a key wins a large chunk of the pot with the remainder split over previous key buyers, token holders, and to seed a new round pot.
The basic rules include:
- 1.Users buy keys to participate in the game, every time a key is purchased, the timer increases by 30 seconds, up to a maximum of 24 hours.
- 3.A key gives a stake in the game, and every key purchased after pays a portion of its value back to previous key owners, token holders, $LUCKY token buybacks, development, marketing and referrals.
- 4.The more shares you hold, the higher your share of dividend payouts.
- 5.The more $LUCKY tokens you hold, the higher your share of dividend payouts.
- 6.The price of keys starts out in the cents range and increases very slowly ensuring as many people can participate as possible. The game could be run for months before a single key costs >0.1BNB or before the end game scenario is met.
There are only two ways for the round to end:
- 1.The timer hits 00:00:00 and the winner is the final player to acquire a key
- 2.6 months has elapsed since round start - This is a fail-safe to ensure that the game has to be won by someone in the event of low-volume continuation.
In order to win, you must have bought the final [whole] key
When competing for the pot in the final sub 30 seconds of a round, it is possible for 2 key buys to occur within the same block, or within seconds of one another, and this would result in the 2nd slower transaction not acquiring a full key (as the price will have risen marginally between the time you pressed buy, when the other key buy was confirmed, and when your transaction was confirmed)
So, in order to maximise your chances of winning you should:
- 1.Ensure you refresh the page after each successive key purchase. The website does not automatically refresh when someone else buys a key (and so the price is slightly less than the actual cost of a single key)
- 2.We have added decimalisation in our UI to enable you to acquire 1.1 keys which should be sufficient to guarantee you acquire at least 1 whole key, even if someone buys 1 key before you or in the same block.
- 3.Don't wait for the final 3-6 seconds before buying a key. If you do this, it's more likely someone else will buy a key in the same block or a few seconds before you, and thus your key buy won't include enough BNB for a full key (it will acquire 0.9995 of a key, which won't make you the round leader, nor increase the timer)